Top 5 questions asked by eCar customers
- 1. Why can't I make changes to my getSiteName();?> policy on the telephone?
- We are an online insurance company, we keep our costs (and therefore our premiums) low by not running a big expensive call centre.
You go online and make changes to your policy yourself and can do this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply enter your email address and policy number to login to your policy and make the changes you require.
NB: If you are still experiencing difficulties visit our online Helpdesk and FAQ section.
- 2. I have 5 years No Claims Discount, is it protected?
- Yes. If you have earned the full 5 years No Claims Discount we will not reduce it regardless of the number of claims you make.
- 3. I have been a named driver on another policy, why can't I receive any No Claims Discount?
- Unfortunately, eCar will only accept No Claims Discount that has been earned when you have been the policyholder.
- 4. It states in the getSiteName();?> policy wording that I have a cooling off period. I know that the policy has started but I want to cancel the policy within the 14 day period. Why are you charging me when I have a cooling off period?
- The Cooling Off Period is 14 days from the date you buy the insurance or the date you receive the policy documents, whichever is later. If you decide to cancel the policy once it has started, you will have to pay for the number of days you have been on cover plus an administration charge to cover our costs.
- 5. Will my getSiteName();?> policy cover me to drive a friend's car on a Third Party basis?
- You can only drive other vehicles on a Third Party basis provided you are the eCar policyholder and aged 25 years or over when the policy was taken out and you have the owner's permission.
Cover for driving other cars is restricted to the eCar policyholder only and limited to Third Party Only. There will be no cover for any loss or damage to the car that is being driven. Hired vehicles or those hired under a hire purchase agreement will not be covered in any eventuality. Vehicles seized by, or on behalf of any government or public authority will also not be covered.
Do you have another question that isn't featured above? Why not visit our Helpdesk and FAQ section where 83% of enquiries are answered by our online helpdesk